Yesterday Former PM Manmohan Singh has accused the SAD – BJP alliance for damaging the economy of Punjab in their regime.
Congress manifesto for the Punjab assembly elections has been released by Former PM Manmohan Singh at the Congress Party headquarters in Delhi.
This 120-page manifesto was made after the 6 months of consultations with the people and released in Delhi as well as in Chandigarh and five other cities in Punjab.
The Punjab polls manifesto has been released in the presence of the Captain Amarinder Singh who is the Punjab Congress chief , Party leader Asha Kumari, general secretary Ambika Soni.
Former PM told that Punjab has been a victim of terrorism which has greatly damaged the economy of Punjab. He also raised the issue of Demonetisation of notes and said that this action has badly affected the economy and the GDP growth of the country.
The Former PM claimed that under the leadership of Amarinder all the damage will be repaired and Congress party will set a new pathway for a better tomorrow.
The five main election promises made by Congress Party are –
* Congress will make zero tolerance policy for drug smugglers, peddlers, police officials, politicians within 30 days of assuming power.
* Party will raise ex-gratia to Rs 10 lakh to the families of farmers who had committed suicide as well as increase the crop compensation and crop insurance .
* A job to a every household will be provided and commercial vehicles per year to be provided to the unemployed youth .
* Party will end the VIP culture by abolishing red beacon lights except on emergency vehicles.
* Also a free home or 5 marla land to be provided to homeless Dalits,OBCs and minorities with annual income less than Rs 5 lakh.